How to get help
Much is documented in the help documentation. In particular, descriptions of each model, the equations used and appropriate references. This should always be the first place to go with questions. Also note that the bottom information bar on SasView often has useful information. Other places to look are:
- Links to our tutorials (in PDF format)
- The full user documentation including model documentation. Also available as a PDF download for version 4.2.2
- You may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to report bugs (in which case please also attach a SasView log file, see below) or for help using the software
- Or try the users forum at: email@example.com
- Check our release notes for Known Issues
- Visit our issues list to view reported bugs, things being worked on or possible future ehancements
- For the adventurous, many new features and bug fixes are available in the latest builds & may have what you are looking for
Where to find the SasView log file
Whenever you run SasView it silently creates/appends debugging information to a log file. If you are reporting a technical problem with SasView, it can be helpful to the Development Team if you send us the log file. Where the log file resides depends on your operating system:
- Mac OS:
How to contribute
- Contribute a fitting model to the Model Marketplace
Things people are saying about SansView/SasView
- ‘SansView is a very helpful tool, very complete and easy to use’ - Niki
- ‘I want to thank you for this amazing software. It’s UI and options make the interpretation of spectra easier and faster’ - Philippe
- ‘I really like the SasView software’ - Martin
- ‘I have been using SasView as my software of choice for fitting SANS data, and I have been very happy with the software’ - Greg
- ‘I have found SasView very easy to use and the batch fit function is a wonderful time saving tool. I can finally stop making painful excel macros!’ - Andrew
- ‘I am a new user of SasView and I think it is a very useful and practical tool’ - Arnaud
- ‘Within 30 seconds…I am completely converted to SasView!’ - Mike
- ‘Thank you for creating and maintaining SasView. It is an incredibly helpful tool, and I use it regularly’ - Pasha
- ‘All the best and thank you again to carry on such a good job on SasView’ - Niki
- ‘Ooooh NICE PROGRAME!! Hours of fun!’ - Stuart
- ‘I love such amazing software so much. It help our researches a lot.’ - Po-Wei
- ‘Thanks for a great piece of software!’ - Birte
- ‘I want to thank you for your amazing software - I could not manage my PhD without it’ - Martina
Check out some of the links on our Links & Downloads page
SasView is offered under a standard ‘Three Clause’ BSD licence which may be found here.
You may use and redistribute SasView for free, including for proprietary purposes, provided you accept the terms of the licence.
If you found this sofware useful to your work please dont forget to acknowledge its use in your publications as suggested below and reference this website: www.sasview.org. Please also consider letting us know by sending us the reference to your work. We will add it to our list of publications. This will help us to ensure the long term support and development of the software.
This work benefited from the use of the SasView application, originally developed under NSF award DMR-0520547. SasView also contains code developed with funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the SINE2020 project, grant agreement No 654000.