SasView Version 4.2.2, and all before it, were built using Python 2 which officially reached its End-of-Life on Jan 1, 2020. Before this happened we moved all development of SasView to Python 3, starting with version 5.0.0.
The continued use of SasView 4 is now officially deprecated and we recommend that you migrate to the latest release version of SasView 5 at your earliest convenience. There is no active development of SasView 4, nor has there been since the release of SasView 5.
However, MacOS users should note that in order to run SasView 5 they may need to upgrade their version of OSX. Please read our Release Notes.
SasView 4 will continue to run on your computer as long as your operating system will allow it, but how long this will continue for is obviously outside of the control of the Development Team. But for your convenience this page contains links to our documentation for those now deprecated versions of SasView.
- Old SasView tutorial (PDF) for versions 2.1.x and 3.x
- “Getting started with SasView” (PDF) for versions 3.x/4.x
- “Basic 1D Fitting in SasView” (PDF) for versions 3.x/4.x
- “Simultaneous 1D Fitting in SasView” (PDF) for versions 3.x/4.x
- “P(r) Inversion Analysis in SasView” (PDF) for versions 3.x/4.x
- “Correlation Function Analysis in SasView” (PDF) for versions 4.x
- “Subtracting a Model Calculation from Data in SasView” (PDF) for versions 4.x